Thursday, March 15, 2012

Filofax Tabs

I am a little obsessed with my Filofax tabs (side tabs, top tabs, no tabs) and making sure they are the "right" ones to use for my setup and how my brain works. Honestly, I am a little obsessed with planners in general, and lists and paper and pens and the organization of my life. I know setting up planners is a very personal thing, but I feel like I look at the setup of others and compare to what works and doesn't for them. I was recently at a work conference and the lady across the table from me pulled out her binder, it was a very plane three ring binder and she had created her own setup. She had printed out her own calendar, her own to do lists, etc. As she flipped thru the pages I desperately wanted to ask her questions but didn't want her to think I was some stalker with three heads. It seemed like a good setup though, the paper was your standard printer paper, nothing fancy and looked like most of the inserts had been printed from outlook. So that got me to thinking that may I was making my binder way to difficult and needed to contemplate my choices. So I turned to my trusty area of great ideas and looked over all the great ideas I've seen and started to  re-look at how I organize.

I guess it boils down to, do I feel like I am using my planner appropriately? Am I getting the most bang for my buck. Is it keeping me  more organized and on track and cutting down on the forgetfulness and most of all helping me to achieve goals I set on that tab.

Also, what information do I need to keep track of and how do I need to keep track of it. After some contemplation, I did decide to keep it simple with only a few Main Tabs, interestingly enough this is almost identical to the setup I had ten years ago. After keeping a planner for many years, I gave it it up to just carry around a monthly at a glance calendar. But late last year something clicked and I dug the Filofax back out, brushed off the dust and reopened it. Hopefully to a more organized me.

No comments:

Post a Comment