Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Books - Sisterhood Everlasting



 I will admit that I did not read the other books in this series, however, I did see the movie. The movie is what sparked me to pick up this book to see where it all went. I don't think it is necessary to have read the other books to understand the storyline, but it does reference items I saw in the movie and things I am sure were in the other books. I was still attached to the characters and while reading the book got a very good mental image of the actresses who played the parts.

Normally, I like books who complete a story for you, show you what happened after the last chapter. It is like being let in on a secret, getting to know more then you should. This book was no different although it was a heartbreaking read, you knew where the book was going but not how it was going to get there. With each of the four girls you could see a little of yourself and although it might not have been happily ever after it showed the struggles of life and how each coped.

However, I am not sure that I felt a satisfaction over how the book ended. I felt like there was a big drop off and it still left me floundering for more. I liked the story lines and liked the characters plots but the book left me sad.

Sisterhood Everlasting
Ann Brashares
369 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment