Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 2012 Birch Box

I really liked the contents of my birch box this month, so much so I made my first purchase from the website! The months theme was travel and included items that you could use to Jet Set off.
What did I get?
  • theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac - this is a hint of color for lips and cheeks. I tried this and really liked it. I am extremely fair skinned and a little went a long way to provide a natural glowy tint. It was very blendable and the consistency is a little like a watered down gel.
  • Tili Bag - a heavy duty zipper bag that the Birch Box team says can be used thru airport security. I have my doubts, I was under the impression the bag for liquids had to be clear so TSA could see in the bag. However, I think this is perfect to store in my purse to keep up with all the receipts stuffed in there.
  • Eyeko Fat eye Stick - I received the color petrol blue, I think this is a full size item, and the jury is still out. I have very oily eyelids and most things smudge,when I tested the product it was extremely blendable as a shadow, easy to apply, and it smeared up to my eyebrows, out past the corner of my eyes, etc. I am going to try this with a better eyelid primer and maybe under a powder shadow.
  • by Terry expert perfecting foundation - I received an apricot color and was a little scared, surprisingly it blended well although the color was a little too dark. The consistency was good and gave a light wash of cover. If this were sold in Sephora and I could test drive the other colors I might consider picking this up.
  • by Terry comfort cream - when I opened my box, I had no idea what this was or how to use it, it looked like a random face cream. However, it is supposed to soften the signs of aging with moisturizing shea butter. I have not had a chance to try this yet, but may take it on a trip as a night cream.
  • Joya Ames Soeurs parfum - my favorite item in the box! I cannot repeat that enough times. It is almost a rich manly scent that makes me want to sniff it all day. It rolls on strong but fades into a nice rich robust smell that wafts up to you, I find the smell almost intoxicating. This is my first order from the website, I had to have it. The full size comes in a roller ball and easy to carry around to reapply as needed. The orange, frankincense and myrrh really appeal to me. I am normally a warm sweet fragrance wearer, but this smell is becoming my new favorite.
Overall this box was wonderful and I really liked the items in it. My only company is the delivery time. I always feel like I am one of the last people to receive their boxes and I wish it came quicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment